We here at Hawkins International have always had a deep-felt love for food – and we’ve traveled the world in a never-ending chase for our next ‘new favorite dish.’ Whether it’s sweet, spicy or savory, if it’s bursting with flavor, chances are we’ve already taken a bite.
While we might not be able to jet off to Italy for that perfect plate of al dente pasta or make our way down to the Caribbean for the freshest of seafood dishes (for now), we’re getting creative and keeping our taste buds satisfied from the comfort of our very own kitchens.
Curious to know what the Hawkins Team is cooking up? Get a taste:
- Our fearless leader Jennifer Hawkins keeps things fresh with a Charred Corn & Avocado Quinoa Salad from Two Peas and Their Pods. A true summer dish, it brings us back to simpler times in warmer climates.
- Account Supervisor Natalie Wayt’s recipe transports us to Spain, where spinach and chickpea are a go-to dish in Sevillian tapas bars and upscale restaurants. Get your stew on with Food & Wine’s Chickpea and Spinach Stew.
- Our resident, Aussie, Ebony Atherton, kicks the sweet note up a notch with JS Health’s Nutella Oats. Grab oats, berries, and everyone’s favorite hazelnut spread and start your day the chocolaty way.
- Account Coordinator Emily Penn can’t get enough of Purely Pope’s Crack Cauliflower, who accidentally created the recipe. Anybody say HAPPY accident? Cauliflower certainly is enjoying its time in the spotlight, and we’re happy to do our part in cheering it on… as soon as we’ve swallowed this savory bite.
- Our Senior Digital Director, Meg Towner, brings the goods and throws it down with comfort food. Ever heard of French Onion Mac & Cheese? We hadn’t, and now feel like the sun might shine just a little brighter. Grab the gruyere and the parmesan and head over to Refinery 29 for a step by step guide to this grown up’s mac & cheese. You’re welcome.
- Account Director Nathalie Herrera has us ringing the bells for Stuffed Bell Peppers – see what we did there? With rice, beef, tomatoes, and just the right amount of spice, these certainly aren’t your mother’s stuffed peppers… unless she’s also a fan of the Food Network’s recipe.
- Assistant Account Executive Eryn Brinitzer’s love for Thai takeout is our office’s not so well-kept secret. When she’s in the mood to skip the delivery, she turns to this trusty Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup recipe. Made with coconut, chicken, red curry paste, cilantro, and more tasty ingredients, it’s Damn Delicious – figuratively, and literally.
- Hanna Frankel, Senior Account Executive at Maverick Creative, turns to Ina Garten’s tried and true Pesto recipe when looking to add flavor to any dish. Prepare in large quantities and serve with pasta, vegetables, poultry, or even spread on bread for a basil tartine you won’t soon forget. Pro tip: store any leftovers in the freezer!
Are you salivating yet? We know we sure are! Wash your hands (for 2o seconds or more), tie on your apron, and be sure to tag us on social media so we can admire your culinary creations. Happy Cooking!