Don’t quit your day dream
At Hawkins International we live by this quote, and we live by the mantra that through creative storytelling, no matter how difficult the circumstances, we won’t stop dreaming, innovating, and championing our clients in the lifestyle, wellness and hospitality space. There’s no “pause” button in our minds, as, in light of COVID-19, we’ve learned – we’re learning – we’re listening – we’re ideating with our clients – we’re pivoting. This is all while nurturing our closest relationships with media, clients, and co-workers, despite the challenging couple of months behind us, because we’re in this together.
So what IS there to say right now as the world holds its breath? A lot. We started off being mindful of travel bans and CDC restrictions and contributing to stories brimming with protocol and safety measures. Sounds exciting right? Not quite, but it’s necessary in these cautious times. We helped our brands get ahead of the crisis, with thoughtful content marketing solutions that keep them top of mind, and we guided them on how to respond to their audience with flexible booking, cancellation policies and future incentives that will set them up for a stronger comeback. We moved on to tell stories of goodness such as hospitality brands launching local food donations, helping healthcare workers, and continuing their commitment to conservation. Through thought leadership commentaries with top executives, our clients were able to share their challenges and plans for the future. Last but not least – a touch of wanderlust through #ArmchairTravel stories and virtual experiences that transport our clients’ knowledge and unique perspectives to people’s homes.
Below is a summary of just a few of our favorite recent headlines that the Hawkins International team has proactively pitched and secured, and has been thrilled to see run. We thank our friends in the media and our clients, for pivoting with us.
- Newly opened The Abbey Inn & Spa in the Hudson Valley was featured in The New York Times: “Planning for the Hotel Opening, Coronavirus Be Damned”
- Franka Holtmann, General Manager of Le Meurice in Paris speaks to Skift about the challenges experienced head-on: “How the Top Boss at One of Paris’s Most Iconic Hotels Copes With the Crisis”
- Eco-tourism pioneers of Africa, Wilderness Safaris is recognized for its ongoing conservation initiatives in Bloomberg Pursuits: “Safari Guides Become Unlikely Stars as Conservation Turns to Instagram”
- Hospitality brand onefinestay launches Zoom backgrounds, capitalizing on our new normal work from home status and is featured in Travel + Leisure: “These Travel-inspired Zoom Backgrounds Will Make It Look Like You’re Working From Paradise (Video)”
- Montage Hotels & Resorts provides Observer with tips on how to recreate one of their signature spa treatments at home: “The Best At-Home Hotel Spa Treatments to Try Right Now”
- Hotel Bel-Air and The Beverly Hills Hotel are championed by Conde Nast Traveler as they initiate a local food donation project for hospitality workers: “How to Support Los Angeles Small Businesses During COVID-19”
- Wilderness Safaris’ newly unveiled #IDreamOfAfrica virtual campaign is featured in goop: “Armchair Travel: Hotels and Wellness Retreats We Love—Online”
- Leading tour operator of sustainable travel experiences, Nomadic Expeditions, is featured in Fodor’s speaking to the impact of Covid-19 and looking-ahead: I Can’t Show You the World: Will Tour Guides Exist After Coronavirus?
- Tune into the latest QUO Global podcast on the future of the private home-sharing market, featuring onefinestay’s brand executive, as a leading authority in this space: Cleaning standards key to the future of short-term private rentals
If you’re ready to partner with Hawkins International to tell your next story, please reach out to Jennifer Hawkins at email@example.com.